Skip to main content

Read our primer articles: OEE | RCM | Lean Manufacturing | Kaizen Events | FMEA

I have a number of molding machines with hoses that leak oil (a.k.a. sweat/weep). Not spraying, or at the fitting, it can be anywhere along the hose, no particular size of hose or location, it is enough oil to drip off the hose. I first noticed it with the O.E.M. hoses, so I have tried 2 different brands and noticed the weeping with in 6 mos. I use DTE 25 oil (46 weight) at 100 degrees F. pressure is no more than 250 bar. We run radial piston pumps from Moog and Mobil oil. Does any one have an idea why this happens or have you seen it before?
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Hydraulic hose

STRONGFLEX is one leading professional manufacturer and exporter of Wire Braided and Muti-Spiraled Hydraulic Hoses, such as SAE100R1AT/DIN20022 EN853 1SN, SAE100R2AT/DIN 20022 EN853 2SN, DIN20023 EN856 4SP, 4SH, SAE100R5, SAE100R9, SAE100R10, SAE100R12, SAE100R13, SAE100R15, Steam Hoses, Air Hoses and other industrial hoses.

With healthy and fast development, STRONGFLEX owns 15, 800 squre meters workshop, 180 sets of main processiing machineries and 20 sets of inspection and test machines. However, 230 employee of skilled technical workers, qualified administrant and experienced international marketing assure every order well done and every customer satisfied.

Presently, STRONGFLEX sells hydraulic hoses to many countries, involved in U. S. A, ITALY, SPAIN, ARGENTINA, VENEZUELA, ECUADOR, COLOMBIA, PARAGUAY, GUATEMALA, CHILE, IRAN, SYRIA, U. A. E., VIETNAM and so on. Meanwhile, hope sincerely we can begin our cooperation in long time. Kindly to contact us without any hesitation, we like very much to support you in the market.

Hydraulic hose, hydraulic hose in china, Hydraulic hose export, hydraulic hose exporter in china,
It would help if you posted what material you tried. Even with Mobil DTE you have to make sure that the hose inner liner material is compatible with the fluid. It should be unless you used EPR. Also that the specific hose is rated for the pressures you are using. Note that using too high a pressure rating is not good if you force the hose into tight bends that damages the hose. Also make sure that no one is running over the hose.
We too are having the same problem on our hydraulic equipment. Our hydraulic power unit runs at a pressure of 3000 psi (207 bar) on Mobil DTE 25 and the oil temperature is 45°C and has been in constant operation for the last year (24 hours a day, 7 days a week).

We are using Parker 351TC which has a constant working pressure rating of 4000 psi (275 bar) which leaked after 1 year of use, twice (the hoses were replaced once already).

Did you ever find a solution to the problem?

In our case, the manufacturer Parker suggests switching over to a 575X hose with a nylon inner tube (claims the synthetic rubber inner tube is the cause), but I'm not sure if I believe the reason since the 351TC indicates it is designed for a 'constant' working pressure of 4000 psi.
Link copied to your clipboard.