New
Find
Notify
Tools

BITOG
 Login/Join

Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted
First post on here, I was on BITOG for 4 days and got banned for telling a real TROLL named MARK72 that he was Polluting the Environment by letting his car leak oil on the ground. Mark72 has been on BITOG under at least 15 different user names , he is the ultimate BITOG Troll but I get banned. That site is run buy an old Lady who knows nothing about Lubricants , as all of you know. The Mods on the site remind me of grade school tattle tails . Also where are all the experts on the site, the ONLY expert I ever noticed on the site was Bruce381 and he NEVER posts any more. The same 30 to 40 guys post the same topic every day and they say they have over 34,000 members , I dont think so. I know some on here are on BITOG and thats fine just wondering what you guys think of BITOG.

Posts: 8 | Location: great forum | Registered: Mon March 01 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 2 - 51 to 100 posts
posted Hide Post
It's got its issues, like any other board. Helen can surely shoot from the hip. She would surely rather everything just went smoothly.

While it seems to have calmed down a bit, there was a rash ..make that a RUSH of really annoying members that just rolled into town ..spewed their stuff and argued in creative and LOUD manners. It was too much work arguing with them ..so they got heard. The legit posters just never get read.

I'm close to burn out there.

Posts: 69 | Registered: Sat July 19 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
I get sick of the nonsense there, but it is a highly active site. I am quite convinced Superbusa, Sajac, Oregonian, and a few others work for Purolator or at least are getting paid. Why else the devotion to a run of the mill filter?

Posts: 31 | Registered: Mon October 20 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 4 - 251 to 500 posts
posted Hide Post
I wish we could ban people who even bring that mess of a site up.

Not really, but it is so partisan as to be worthless.

-=-=-=-=-
Robert C
MLA III, CLS

Posts: 243 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Mon November 13 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 2 - 51 to 100 posts
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zddp77:
First post on here, I was on BITOG for 4 days and got banned for telling a real TROLL named MARK72 that he was Polluting the Environment by letting his car leak oil on the ground. Mark72 has been on BITOG under at least 15 different user names , he is the ultimate BITOG Troll but I get banned. That site is run buy an old Lady who knows nothing about Lubricants , as all of you know. The Mods on the site remind me of grade school tattle tails . Also where are all the experts on the site, the ONLY expert I ever noticed on the site was Bruce381 and he NEVER posts any more. The same 30 to 40 guys post the same topic every day and they say they have over 34,000 members , I dont think so. I know some on here are on BITOG and thats fine just wondering what you guys think of BITOG.

BITOG is meant to be a FAMILY SITE, meaning they do not want to see members attacking other members, I was banned for a week becuase I attacked a member on that board, you have to realize that there are paid sponsors on BITOG, and I am sure the BITOG Owner's want to keep them happy. I know it is hard not to post something when you see a member posting something that is ridiculous, usually I just try and PM them and basically say are you out of your mind or what.

Was this a PERMANENT BAN, do you want to get back on BITOG.

Posts: 74 | Registered: Sun October 04 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 4 - 251 to 500 posts
posted Hide Post
Guys, as mentioned before...this is not the place to discuss BITOG and its policy to its users. Please keep it clean and on topic and do not make this forum another BITOG variant. If you have problems with BITOG, take it over there and keep this forum professional.

Thank you.

Posts: 239 | Location: The Netherlands = Holland | Registered: Tue May 25 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post