Noria Corporation    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Lubrication  Hop To Forums  Car and Truck Lubrication    Mitsubishi ATF
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mitsubishi ATF
 Login/Join

Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted
Hello,

Does anyone knows what is the equivalent ATF oil type of DIA QUEEN SP ATFIII for Mitsubishi cars.

Posts: 24 | Location: Cyprus | Registered: Sat October 16 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what DIA QUEEN ATFIII is, but my Eclipse's owners manual calls for SP2 ATF which is
equivalent to ATP +3.

Posts: 1 | Location: Florida | Registered: Tue April 05 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 2 - 51 to 100 posts
posted Hide Post
SP3 is the latest version of Mitsubishi's ATF. It supercedes SP2. I believe it is more slippery than Chrysler's ATF+3/+4 formulations, giving a smoother shift and longer lasting transmission.
In terms of friction coeficient,
Type F is strong and abrupt
Dexron/Mercon is moderate
Chrysler is smooth
Mitsubishi is smoother.

The use of Dexron will shorten the transmission life.

Posts: 77 | Location: Bolivia | Registered: Sun May 02 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know what you mean by equivalent but some off the ATF manufacturers make "multivehicle" ATFs that can be used.

Signature:
Check your tire pressure, drive slow, and use less gas. Screw OPEC!

Posts: 67 | Registered: Wed March 02 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
I would like to revive this thread in order to find out whether there are any news.
I cannot get Mitsubishi's Diamond ATF SP III here from Mitsubishi dealers!!!!
I was told that Kia and Hyundai use the same type of transmission fluid.
What do they call their products?

m'frog

Posts: 1 | Location: Dominican Republic, Samaná | Registered: Wed April 19 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
I've been using ATF+3 in my 03 Montero which calls for Diamond SP III (ATF +4 is supposedly the equivalent.) The ATF+3 has done fine for 90k miles now. Amsoils ATF is supposed to meet Diamond SPIII specs.

Posts: 39 | Location: MD | Registered: Sat February 07 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hyundai/Kia/Mitsubishi all call it SP III.
Diamond is just one brand that makes it.

Signature:
Check your tire pressure, drive slow, and use less gas. Screw OPEC!

Posts: 67 | Registered: Wed March 02 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
Only
DiaQueen ATF SP III (original Japan)
Diamond ATF SP III(for USA market)
BP Autran SP III( Europe) can use in INVECS II (adaptive automatic transmission)
or INVECS III ( CVT)
No DEXRON or something else!!!!

rather no...

Posts: 11 | Location: Russia | Registered: Mon January 01 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
According to http://www.bimmerboard.com/forums/posts/52539

They say that:
Valvoline supports the use of MERCON V ATF in a broad range of transmissions beyond those requiring DEXRON-III, MERCON, and MERCON V fluids including those where the following fluids are recommended:

o GM DEXRON II
o Allison C-4
o Chrysler ATF+3 or ATF+4 fluids
o Toyota (and Lexus) Type T, T-III or T-IV fluids
o Mitsubishi Diamond SP-II or SP-III fluids
o Hyundai
o Honda ATF-Z1 fluid (except in CVTs)
o BMW LT71141 or LA2634 fluids
o Nissan Matic-D, Matic-J, or Matic-K fluids

I am still looking for more information though to be certain.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sat March 10 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 4 - 251 to 500 posts
posted Hide Post
Additional info:

ATF, SP-II
Special Mitsubishi recommendation for automatic transmission fluid. This fluid has Dexron III fluidity but with different frictional characteristics.

ATF, SP-III
Special Mitsubishi recommendation for automatic transmission fluid. A more developed version with better low temperature properties and longer drain life and shift durability.

Posts: 239 | Location: The Netherlands = Holland | Registered: Tue May 25 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Since you first posted a lot has changed. There are some excellent Synthetic ATF's that now cover a wide range of transmissions, including SP-III, ATF+4 and Mercon V. I sell one of these to the local Chrysler/Mistubishi dealership network.

In the DR you should be able to get Chevron's products for Mitsubishi.

Posts: 77 | Location: Bolivia | Registered: Sun May 02 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
Can I use mopar ATF+4 instead of mitsubishi SP3 ATF in a CVT transmission(constant varieble speed transmission)or would it be damaged quickly?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Fri February 08 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
Does the CVT spec SPIII? I thought they had a specific oil for the CVTs.

Posts: 44 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: Mon November 05 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 4 - 251 to 500 posts
posted Hide Post
In Europe the recommendation for example the CVT of the Prius is "ATF WS"

Posts: 239 | Location: The Netherlands = Holland | Registered: Tue May 25 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
Mitsubishi recommends the use of CVTF-J1 in their CVT applications.

Posts: 15 | Location: Beverly Hills, MI | Registered: Fri September 10 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CVT transmissions have a different friction coeficient. ATF should not be used.

Having said that I read of a CVT fluid that can be used in place of Mitsubishi SP-III, but I could not find enough to be convinced.

Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by prtdvl:
I've been using ATF+3 in my 03 Montero which calls for Diamond SP III (ATF +4 is supposedly the equivalent.) The ATF+3 has done fine for 90k miles now. Amsoils ATF is supposed to meet Diamond SPIII specs.

Where did you get that information that ATF+4 is equivalent to Diamond SP III? I have a 03 MOnsTero too, and the mechanic wanted to save me some money by putting ATF+4 in, Im still quite hesitant because my Monster doesnt feel the same, the kick is quite there.. Besides there is this forum stating that, Maxlife ATF is the equivalent, or am I reading this wrong??

http://tech.bentleypublishers.com/servlet/JiveServlet/d...ons%20APR%202007.pdf

Hope to hear from you soon!

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sun February 17 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
Does anyone here know the history of Mitsubishi Transmission fluid??

Looking specifically for a type called Dia ATF SP.

I already know it has been superseded, and know it's equivalents, but wanted to know, when it existence started and ended.

I am currently looking for someone who might have NOS stock of this fluid. Was this fluid only sold in Japan?

Please reply back?

LubeTechBob.

Posts: 6 | Registered: Mon February 16 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
i have a hyundai xg300 i think that the chrysler atf+4 can be used in hyundai mitsubishi A/T i'lluse it next time ..what do you think ?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Fri June 18 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post