Noria Corporation    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Lubrication  Hop To Forums  Car and Truck Lubrication    Carquest Synthetic Motor Oil
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Carquest Synthetic Motor Oil
 Login/Join

Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted
I know that in the past, Carquest had some of their motor oils made by Valvoline and some made by Coastal Oil. Carquest has a new synthetic motor oil and I have heard that it is the same specs as Valvoline Synpower synthetic. Can anybody provide any information in that regard?

Posts: 39 | Registered: Thu June 17 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 4 - 251 to 500 posts
posted Hide Post
quote:
Carquest

There can be found multiple statements that the oils are made by Ashland who also makes the Valvoline oils. Best way to compare is to obtain the TDS somewhere (I could not find it). This way you can compare the chemical and test characteristics with the supposed to be Valvoline equivalent.

Posts: 239 | Location: The Netherlands = Holland | Registered: Tue May 25 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post