Noria Corporation    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Lubrication  Hop To Forums  Car and Truck Lubrication    TÜV-tested additive - looks interesting
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TÜV-tested additive - looks interesting
 Login/Join

Level 2 - 51 to 100 posts
posted
Hi.

Has anyone tested this: http://www.nanovit.co.uk/index.html

The dyno and the fuel saving in particular.

Posts: 72 | Location: Norway | Registered: Mon October 01 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 3 - 101 to 250 posts
posted Hide Post
Hmm...Very interesting, but also very expensive.

Most probably will not give it a try due to the sheer cost of the product, particularly since most of the US public have engines over 2 liters in size.

Posts: 159 | Location: Glenshaw, PA, USA | Registered: Mon March 01 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, Dad2leia.

I think this oil-issue is taken care of, on this http://www.nanooil.tv/ American homepage.
You have a 6 liter alternative(6.3 quarts), that is sufficient for most people, even in the US.

I think it could be very interesting, especially since the fuel saving would pay for it, within a few months.

Notice the cleaning ability of the product.

Posts: 72 | Location: Norway | Registered: Mon October 01 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 4 - 251 to 500 posts
posted Hide Post
Any data and photos? Or just powerpoint?

-=-=-=-=-
Robert C
MLA III, CLS

Posts: 243 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Mon November 13 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, Robert.

Yes, it is. If you can not find it at the American page, just go to the British one( www.nanovit.co.uk )

Didn't you see the first link?

I think the American page is rather new, so they are probably working to set it up.

Level 4 - 251 to 500 posts
posted Hide Post
This the one?

Tell us about what was done between before and after.

Was there any cleaning before reassembly?
Rings?
etc?

How long was it run before the after?

What regimen was followed?

What did that cost?

-=-=-=-=-
Robert C
MLA III, CLS

Posts: 243 | Location: Maryland | Registered: Mon November 13 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, Robert.

Did you go to the British web page?
I have no personal interest in this product.
If you want any info, just look it up.

If you search for any particular info and can't find it, just contact the producer/seller.

I have actually ordered it, and will try it in a friends car.

posted Hide Post
Hi again, Robert C.

If you go to the http://www.nanovit.co.uk/index.html , then you can just click on "test reports" on the left.

It should appear a lot of PDF files, that you can open.

OK?

Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
Hello all; I am new to this forum. You don't have to go across the pond to get European engine protection technology. It is available in the states. I rep this product and it is a good product. Try this link: http://polytron.ca

Posts: 7 | Registered: Wed September 16 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
I must admit, I had a good laugh while viewing the demo video. It brought back memories of Prolong, Duralube, etc. Thanks for the great data!

Posts: 33 | Location: Morgan Hill, CA | Registered: Mon January 26 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, johnpr3.

Yes, without the testing from TÜV, it would have brought back the same memories for me, too.

Now, since I am aware of what TÜV is, I am quite excited to see what difference Nanooil will make.

posted Hide Post
Richard Hook, I don't know if you saw the American link for this product, a couple of posts before yours?

I don't say you need to go to Europe, I just mad a reader aware that he could find more info on the British home page.

It is always an advantage to read all posts, before you post a comment to a tread.

posted Hide Post
Besides, Richard, I don't see any testing of Polytron, from a testing facility that is acknowledged all over the world, as well as being independent.

Without it, it is just another Snake oil(for most people).

The testing of Nanovit(Nanooil), from TÜV, was the reason why I found it interesting and posted it here.

Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
Johnpr3 & Jonny-b; While you got a good laugh out of polytron's video featuring destructive testing I only viewed number results from TUV's pages. How does TUV test for wear? I have a machine similar to the one in our video that I use to seize bearing material with a wide range of engine oils. You would be surprised which engine oils do not stand up to wear criteria.
Actually on a destructive test none of them do. There are some engine oils like Royal Purple that will not seize the race bearing at all but not without substantial damage to the test bearing. I enclose 2 pics of bearings of which the 1st was seized at 450 Inch pounds of torque and the resulting damage. The second picture is the result of adding polytron metal treatment to the same oil as the 1st picture. A force of 1200 inch pounds was applied to the same bearing that was flipped over and did not seize. The test engine oil was Mobil 1 synthetic. The promises of Nanovit & Polytron are similar, achieved in different ways. I have tested other prominent additives. They don't work.

posted Hide Post
Hi, Richard Hook.
I had no intention of ridiculing you and Polytron.
It can be very good, but I haven't tested it.

However, I have learned that testimonials doesn't hold water, in most cases.
There are exceptions, and I happened to stumble upon one of them, just before I ordered Nanovit.

I just want a product to be tested by a neutral, well known, independent and reliable company.
You can not "buy" results from TÜV.
You ask how TÜV test for wear.
I think they explained it very well in the PDF file were they tested for wear.
I have mentioned it before, but you can find it in "test reports" on the left, on their homepage.

posted Hide Post
On Nanovits homepage.

Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
jonny-b;
after looking quite hard I found that they probably use a pin to disk tribometer. Tribometer is defined as any instrument used to determine friction in 2 moving bodies. Ok, our instrument doesn't cost $20,000 but does effectively demonstrate oil lubricity in 2 mated metal surfaces. I suspect that visual results aren't visual convincing because of the nature of the test and the not so honest nature of many people out there. I bought a machine to convince myself of the truthfulness of this product. I am still impressded with the results and consequently have used these products in my vehicles and around my home for 3 years. by the way did my pics show up as an attachment?

posted Hide Post
Hi, Richard.
I didn't see any pictures as an attachment, but I don't know if others do.

Another thing; yesterday, I e-mailed Polytron, after I went to the homepage you provided.
I asked them where to buy Polytron, here in Europe.

I haven't received an answer yet.

At the same time, I also e-mailed Nanovit in Germany, asking about a technical question.

I got their reply early this morning.

Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
Hi Richard,
I didn't me to offend you. It is just that the image of a guy with a lab coat yanking on a torque wrench reminded me of the infomercials of the past. The demo looks neat, but is it a valid test? Is it an ASTM recognized test? Perhaps it is recognized by another governing body...I don't know. For the record, I have never used an aftermarket engine or oil treatment. That doesn't mean they don't work.

Posts: 33 | Location: Morgan Hill, CA | Registered: Mon January 26 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
johnpr3; well admittadly the lab coat thru me off as well. As indicated by my earlier post I bought the same machine to dispell any doubts I had about this product. As indicated earlier a tribometer is a machine capable of creating friction between two metal surfaces. I added 2 photos as attachments but they didn't come thru. I'll try again