Noria Corporation    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Lubrication  Hop To Forums  Car and Truck Lubrication    What (if any) is a good fuel additive?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What (if any) is a good fuel additive?
 Login/Join

Level 2 - 51 to 100 posts
posted Hide Post
Obviously cleaner fuel is better all along, and if you can buy gas with Techron in your area, it will keep everything clean. Barring that possibility, and in Bolivia we have some of the world's worst gas, I use Techron every 5000 km. in my gasoline powered vehicles. In the 5 years or so that I've used it, I see an immediate gain in mileage with the first tank, then it starts to sink again, and by 5000 km it has usually dropped about 10%. Another bottle and it is back to normal.

On the Grand Cherokee I bought used it took two treatments to get it clean, but then I could run on regular gas without pinging when I needed premium before Techron.

Posts: 77 | Location: Bolivia | Registered: Sun May 02 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
Have you looked in using these New Lubrication Technology products --- fuel conditioner, engine formulation, powertrain & gear formulation, all petroleum based. In my GM 1997 1/2 ton truck over 6.5 years covering about 82,000 miles I have realized an annual return in reduced costs of over 29%. Check my site out go to http://glengarry.bitronglobal.biz
Also the Business TV Profile documentary go to http://www.bitrontoday.com/archives/player/archive_player.asp?vid=79
These products work to save you money, earn you money, pay you to use them and can get you residual income.

Posts: 1 | Location: BC | Registered: Tue April 18 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 4 - 251 to 500 posts
posted Hide Post
There is no good info on BiTron from which to evaluate it.

What I would like to try is
DZL-LENE XL10 but the guy who has had great success with it only sells it in min 5 gallons. Would like to try a single gallon.

Posts: 358 | Location: Detroit, Michigan | Registered: Thu January 08 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
I've had great results with SWEPCO 501 Diesel fuel improver and 503 Gas improver. My primary crane weighs in at 58,000 lbs and the salesman, who I thought was completely crazy and over enthusiastic talked me into doing all boxes all fluids and treat the fuel. At 750 hrs on the engine, the OBC showed an improvement from 3.2 MPG to 4.3... I found that in the Cat 3126b an engine (in a smaller boom truck) that seems like a dog to me which never ran well in humid weather, snow or rain the engine stayed running when it had the additive in it until it was warm but would run very rough when the fuel was not treated. I tried the gas improver in my Crown Vic and in my Harley and the response seemed to improve. 'Hope this is helpfull

Posts: 2 | Registered: Fri April 21 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
the ones i found to be the very best are:
fp60
redline ci-1
neutra 131

Posts: 26 | Location: littleton, colorado | Registered: Fri April 01 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 3 - 101 to 250 posts
posted Hide Post
TallPaul - DZL-LENE XL/10 is available in many different size containers. It is sold in cases of 12 - 1 quart bottles, 6 gallon pails, and drum quantities.

I recomend buying it in the pail quantity and getting a polypropylene pump to dispense it. The pump comes with 2, 4, 6 and 8 ounce measured dispensing tubes. It is ALOT cheaper to buy the product in a bulk quantity. Buying in quart bottles is convient but cost more. Your just paying for packaging.

Michael Bialecki
Texas Refinery Corp.
www.trclubricants.com

Posts: 215 | Location: PA. USA | Registered: Mon September 18 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
TallPaul-
Please tell me where I can order
Schaeffer Neutra #131 for $20/gallon
delivered.
Thanks,
Maurice Bowes
mauricebowes@hotmail.com

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sat March 03 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
What about b-12 chemtool?

Posts: 4 | Location: Philly | Registered: Sun August 27 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by micbial:
TallPaul - DZL-LENE XL/10 is available in many different size containers. It is sold in cases of 12 - 1 quart bottles, 6 gallon pails, and drum quantities.

I recomend buying it in the pail quantity and getting a polypropylene pump to dispense it. The pump comes with 2, 4, 6 and 8 ounce measured dispensing tubes. It is ALOT cheaper to buy the product in a bulk quantity. Buying in quart bottles is convient but cost more. Your just paying for packaging.

Which one of these ratio's do you recommend for a gasoline engine?

To determine the amount of DZL-LENE XL/10, in ounces, to use in a known amount of fuel, use the following multipliers:
.256 for Diesel for 1:500
.32 for Gasoline for 1:400
.64 for Gasoline for 1:200
1.024 for Gasoline for 1:125
Examples:

20 gal. Diesel x .256=5.12 oz. DZL-LENE XL/10

9 gal. Gasoline x .32 = 2.88 oz. DZL-LENE XL/10

Thanks

No signature required. My hand shake is good enough.

Posts: 22 | Location: Wausau, WI | Registered: Sat May 20 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 3 - 101 to 250 posts
posted Hide Post
Personally for the first tank full or two I run the stronger mixture (1 to 125) to help do any initial cleaning. After that I go with the 1 to 400 ratio, no need to use more than is needed. If you have a old carburetter type fuel system that really needs a good cleaning of the intake and combustion chamber you can follow the directions on the can. Basically you pour a measured amount of the additive down the carb without stalling the engine. After you complete pouring it in turn the engine off and let set for about 15 minutes, restart and run for another 10 or 15 minutes. Then do a oil change, a good bit of gunk will be broken loose from the piston ring lands and some of it will end up in the engine oil so a oil change is in order. After that just go with the 1 to 400 ratio.

Michael Bialecki
Texas Refinery Corp.
www.trclubricants.com

Posts: 215 | Location: PA. USA | Registered: Mon September 18 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
• Lubricity: Polarity also causes the SulfRX™ molecules to be attracted to positively charged metal surfaces. As a result, the molecules tend to line up on the metal surface, creating a film which requires additional energy (load) to penetrate. The result is a stronger film which translates into higher lubricity and lower energy consumption in lubricant applications.
• Detergency/Dispersency: The polar nature of SulfRX™ molecules also makes them good solvents and dispersants. This allows these agents to solubilize or disperse fuel degradation by-products which might otherwise be deposited as varnish or sludge, and translates into cleaner operation and improved additive solubility in the final mixture.
• Biodegradability: While extremely stable against oxidative and thermal breakdown, the patent-pending cross-linkage provides a vulnerable site for microbes to begin their work of biodegrading the active molecule. This translates into very high biodegradability rates for the product.
http://www.carro.myffi.biz/en/index.php?option=com_cont...view&id=50&Itemid=68 http://www.carro.myffi.biz/en/index.php?option=com_cont...view&id=50&Itemid=68

saving gas ~

Posts: 5 | Registered: Tue March 06 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
A good fuel additive is one that will give you good mileage out of your fuel, currently Xtreme Fuel Treatment is the best on the market and its really affordable....check them out at Xtreme Fuel Treatment Smile

Posts: 1 | Registered: Tue February 05 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 2 - 51 to 100 posts
posted Hide Post
The first thing you will find, on this forum in particular, is most of the people here are professionals and pay no attention to unsubstantiated claims. They will look at test data, comparison data, virtually anything that proves this has better performance than that. The performance claims on your website are hardly different than any other claims from any other website. Where is the test data? Secondly, your definition of affordable is a far cry different than mine based on the numbers from your website. What is the treat cost of your best price option. At $227.20/pint, your looking at more than four cents per treat gallon. The fuel additive I use has proven to do all the things you claim at just over one cent per treated gallon. One has a proven history with enough test data to be published as a book and is 75% less and then there is yours. This is your chance to prove me wrong.

Posts: 96 | Location: Liberty Hill, Texas | Registered: Sun August 07 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post