Skip to main content

Read our primer articles on High Mileage Oil, Synthetic Oil and Kinematic Viscosity

Replies sorted oldest to newest

They what you see on the page, engine motor oil treatments and additives. Probably with a higher concentration of some of the same additives that other similar products contain. There is probably a place and time to use them. Do not over look the fact that your car or truck dealer/supplier or OEM may void you warranty if he learns that you've put anything into your oil that he doesn't like.
Rudy,

Thanks for your post, but have been away for a while so unable to post.

I did not get a good report from my mechanic on the condition of my engine. Either it was a new car or bust so I did try their Gel revitalazants .

Seems to work engien not so clanky. How and why not sure?

Reason for original quaetion was that friend put me onto them. The product can't be too bad as a Formula Renalut Racing team http://www.jhmotorsport.co.uk is using them.

If I have any detremental rusults I will certianly SPAM the world.

MGMan
Well, seing that it is added to the oil it is a additive. Anything that is added to a base oil stock is a additive.

IMO it sounds like a snake oil additive. I don't see how you could physically coat anything with ceramic at the low temperatures encountered in a engine. If it was that great and worked so good it would be a additive in all types of oils, not just a dump in treatment. If it sounds to good to be true it probably is.
Felt I had to reply to revive my old post, as have a few hours to spare. May be everyone has moved on, but why is it that an innocent question about a product that is supplied by a manufacturer who clearly has a large range to offer, oils, greases, refrigerants etc, eventually has to be labelled with the term "Snake oil".

Perhaps they are treading on traditional manufacturers patch.

As indicated product worked for me - and I am happy to sing their praises.
Jonny-b,

Thanks for your input. The only ceramic based additive I've tried is Cermax. I've used it in enough applications to know the results can range from subtle to significant.

I'm about to try a new product called Cermax MD Plus. While the original Cermax product might be best be thought of as a ceramic engine treatment, MD Plus is a oil treatment.
Been researching Xado extensively. True, the relatively low engine temperatures would not create the cermet coating. But Xado contains nano particles of an element (i.e. phosphorous) that creates a high-heat catalyst to bond the metal shavings in your engine to the ceramic nano particles in Xado to create a cer-met coating (which is stronger than either an individual ceramic or metal).

The science doesn't appear to be snake oil. There are thousands of research papers on cermet. Whether or not cermet works in this application is the big question. Plan to do extensive testing within the next 2 weeks and will re-post results.
We have had extremely good luck with Xado and our customers responses,
Our latest SAE J1321 TMC testing was a sucess.
The report can be viewed at Xado-US.com and I hope to have it on our Canadian site @ xado.ca
I was a sceptic, but saying that, the science interested me, so I tested Xado on small engines at first, than my own vehicles and now three private airplanes. 3 years of personal experience and thousands of treatments later "No complaints"
I'm also a independant lubricant suppier, so add The Lube Man to the list. I would like to answer any specific question. The SAE (Society Of Automotive Engineers) created special testing to establish a base line for automotive after market products. This report was produced by one of the two companies that are licienced and both are recognized as leaders in this field. The report can be viewed @ www.Xado-US.com. Xado is World Wide, after 18 years you would think that someone would call this snake oil and file a law suit. Any ways, ask away.
No I have not heard of them before.... Be careful though there are a lot of oil additives that do not work and will cause harmful effects to your engine in the long run.
There are 3 things in my opinion that you need to look for before getting an oil additive.

1. Make sure the product has had testing done and shows positive results. (There is no harmful effects to the engine in the long term)

2. That the product has documentation

3. The product has been SAE approved. It is expensive to have done that is why most companies/products have not had it done or they just dont work. This is what truckers look for. Because only a small amount of products that go through the testing unless they work they wont pass. So the biggest one to look for is being SAE approved.

If you go to http://www.oiladditive.tagzap.org they give you tips on using an oil additive what to look for, how you can benefit from it, etc. The product that they recommend has all 3 of these qualifications. I have seen a lot of oil additives and I definitely recommend using purrrform. I am using it and am saving over $288 and increased my gas mileage by 12%
Link copied to your clipboard.