Skip to main content

Read our primer articles on High Mileage Oil, Synthetic Oil and Kinematic Viscosity

Hi, I found this siteby looking up zDDP on the net. In Canada there is Collector Automobile Motor Oil. It has over 1600 ppm of ZDDP all the proper addtives required for a gas engine with an extra additive that helps the oil cling to the moveing parts when your engine is not run for long periods of time. It is a 15W40 and several people have stated that their engines have stopped burning oil, leaking and have smoothed out within a short time of using CAM Oil. check out their web site at www.camoil.com
Bob
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by BobBuzz:
Hi, I found this siteby looking up zDDP on the net. In Canada there is Collector Automobile Motor Oil. It has over 1600 ppm of ZDDP all the proper addtives required for a gas engine with an extra additive that helps the oil cling to the moveing parts when your engine is not run for long periods of time. It is a 15W40 and several people have stated that their engines have stopped burning oil, leaking and have smoothed out within a short time of using CAM Oil. check out their web site at www.camoil.com
Bob

Red Line makes a nice break in additive containing lots of ZDDP. A buddy in NY uses it in older High Performance Engines, and swears by it. He says their tech guy is as good as they get and really knows his stuff. You can check it out or give Red Line a call and ask about it. They also make one of the very best oils you can buy.

AD
No, it was the EPA ( and Transport Canada; developed jointly) who mandated the current minimum new car warranty on emissions equipment of beyond 100,000 mi (cant remember the Actual number but I believe its 120,000).

Where the auto makers come in is their data which shows ZDDP contributes to premature catalytic converter wear; the mandatory warranty cant be implemented without either resigning themselves to replacing every cat under warranty or having the SAE (automakers + oil companies are members) introduce a new oil spec with an acceptable reduction for ZDDP in roller tappet engines.
Link copied to your clipboard.