Noria Corporation    Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Lubrication  Hop To Forums  Industrial Lubrication    nas value
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

nas value
 Login/Join

Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted
If the nas value of oil is 11 then what can we infer?

kindly suggest

shubrajit

Posts: 21 | Location: india | Registered: Wed November 16 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 3 - 101 to 250 posts
posted Hide Post
1. Depend on your application
2. Depend on the details of NAS result
this NAS 11 is for the small particles or big particles

for me, I prefer to use ISO Cleanliness Class

Posts: 122 | Location: Jakarta - Indonesia and/or Jubail - Saudi | Registered: Mon December 08 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 2 - 51 to 100 posts
posted Hide Post
Shubrajit,

As Nurudin comments, that depends on your application, but I could say that NAS = 11 means high content of particles.

What is your application? What does recommend the OEM?

NAS = 11, is like ISO 20/17.

Regards,

Posts: 76 | Location: Argentina | Registered: Thu October 14 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 1 - 1 to 50 posts
posted Hide Post
dear schmid

thanks for your lind reply. well the application is vertical roller mill's roller bearing oil

shubrajit

Posts: 21 | Location: india | Registered: Wed November 16 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Level 2 - 51 to 100 posts
posted Hide Post
Dear Shubrajit,

You should review the OEM recommendation about NAS Code, but I think that NAS = 11 is too high for this application.

In order to improve this NAS value, you can take different actions as:

1- Install a kidney-loop filtration skid. Of course, we would need the quantity of oil in the system.

2- Improve the efficiency of the filter elements of the systems. What is Beta Ratio of the filter elements?

3- Install breathers, or seals, in order to avoid the particle ingression.

If you send to me an email to schmidmend@hotmail.com with more data, I will be able to help you. I would need to know:

1- Type of oil, and quantity in the entire system.

2- Type of lubrication system (forced system?).

3- Type of filter element used (brand, beta ratio, P/N).

4- Pictures

Thanks a lot,
Cristian Schmid

Posts: 76 | Location: Argentina | Registered: Thu October 14 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post