Skip to main content

Reply to "2 Cycle Oil as 4 Cycle Engine Fuel Additive"

quote:
Originally posted by Sarge:
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Vipond:
quote:
Originally posted by Sarge:

Show me where the EPA back using Amsoil PI Tim.
Some of you sure are fickle. First you don't want me to talk about AMSOIL, then that is all you want to talk about and ask me questions.

From http://www.amsoil.com/lit/g2543.pdf

"The fleet of test vehicles was put on a rolling chassis
dynamometer before and after P.i. treatment, measuring
each vehicle’s fuel economy numbers according to the
same method mandated by the federal government
and used by auto manufacturers to determine vehicle
fuel economy ratings. The blue bars on Graph E
indicate pre-treatment fuel economy numbers. The
red bars indicate fuel economy following one tank of
operation on P.i., showing an average fuel economy
improvement of more than 2 percent."

Don't you think the Federal Government or FTC or anyone would cry foul if this data was incorrect? They haven't.

Or their environmental claims of reducing vehicle emissions?

That's it? We haven't been sued so it must be true? .

The oil industry and government does a pretty good job keeping oil company claims in check.
Exxon took Castrol to task over their definition of synthetic oil.
Castrol took Royal Purple to task over their testimonials they tried to pass on as fact. They forced Royal Purple to correct their "information" on their website.
Castrol and Valvoline took Exxon to task over Mobil 1 failure to pass wear tests that Exxon claimed they met.
FTC took many of those gasoline saving devices to task and took them off the market.
FTC took ZMAX to task and had them change some of their claims and set up a consumer refund account.
No two stroke oil manufacture has made the claims you make as they know they couldn't prove them.

If you are so certain that 2 stroke oil works marvels and miracles in 4 stroke engines, why don't you market it? Maybe because you know deep down you wouldn't be able to prove it?
Last edited by timvipond