Skip to main content

Reply to "2 Cycle Oil as 4 Cycle Engine Fuel Additive"

I'm not sure why you seem to want to go off subject and discuss AMSOIL, but since you want to:
quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:
As far as I can see, Amsoil 2 cycle oil is not TC-W3 certified, thus not suitable for cars that have cats.
No 2 cycle oil manufacturer says any 2 cycle oil is suitable for cars that have cats.

quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:Why would I pay $10.60, plus shipping, etc, for a 12oz bottle of that PI, when I can pay @$12 for the Supertech TC-W3?. For 128ozs.....
Beats me. I only pay $7.59 and no shipping for a 12 oz PI that is formulated for and proven in gasoline engines to:
• Improves fuel mileage an average of 2.3% and up to 5.7%
• Reduced emissions
— hydrocarbons (HC) up to 15%
— carbon monoxide (CO) up to 26%
— nitrous oxides (NOx) up to 17%
• Restored power and performance
• Reduced need for costly higher octane fuel
• Reduced noise from carbon rap and pre-ignition
• Better drivability
• Smoother operation

Supertech TC-W3 isn't.

quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:The PI is not cost effective. The ROI is horrible.
Actually, it is very cost effective. It is recommended once every 4,000 miles. 4,000 miles/20mpgX$3/gallon = $600. 2.3% increase in mpg = $13.80 saved in gasoline costs. My cost for PI $7.59. My savings is $6.21. My ROI is 83%.

quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:I can treat 42.6 tanks of gas on the ST. 3oz per tank. 16,800 miles on a gallon of ST.

The equivilent PI, since you use it every 4K miles, is a bit more than $42.40. Not counting shipping.

So I can either pay @$12 every 16-17K miles, or more than $40.
I pay only $30.36 per 16K miles for PI. And I save $55.2 in gas. And I know it works. ADFD1 and others found they got worse mileage, less performance with the TC-W3 that the 2 cycle oil companies do not recommend. Seems pretty clear to me.
Last edited by timvipond