Skip to main content

Reply to "2 Cycle Oil as 4 Cycle Engine Fuel Additive"

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Vipond:
quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:
The Redline SI-1 is an excellant product. Cheaper than PI too.
How is Redline SI-1 cheaper than PI, when Redline recommends adding in every tank of gas, and PI is recommended every 4,000 miles. Redline is WAY more expensive.

quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:But this Amsoil nonsense has to stop. It isn't number one in anything. Not market share, sales, or use as factory fill.
Again, not true. AMSOIL is number 1 in market share and sales in the extended oil change interval market. No other company is even close.

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:Give it up Tim, IMO it isn't what's cheaper, its what's better. Where's your proof that PI is better? Waiting, tick tock, tick tock!
I never said AMSOIL was better. YOU said Redline is better. YOU made the statement, YOU show the proof. Still waiting....

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:Amsoil is champ of extended drain intervals, we aren't discussing that, and its getting old! Who cares? You remind us every chance you get!
Trajan cared. He asked. I answered.
quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1: Hey Tim ask the Toyota owner who blew his engine following the Amsoil interval just what happens. I bet he'll follow the OM for now on! Then he took a junkyard engine for a replacement, he must have been the perfect customer. They got lucky there, trust me if were my ride they'd be swinging a new motor. I'm sure we'll hear more about blown Toyota engines and Amsoil, better hope everyone got those TSBs. I haven't seen or heard of any blown engines using TCW3, which BTW was the topic at hand.
IIRC, it was the filter that may have failed, not the oil. That guy replaced his engine before he even spoke to AMSOIL. He filed a warranty claim and AMSOIL reimbursed him. He was quite satisfied with that.

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:Keep on pushin! You are turning people off in a big way! Looks like Trajan, Bear, and me to mention a few, I'm sure there are more.

AD

How can answering questions with facts and data turn anyone off? Just because I've challenged some statements, asked for data and provided facts? I thought that was what this forum is about.

Like Trajan says in his signature "Anecdotes are useful for stories and tall tales. To make decisions you need data."

BTW, AMSOIL's and my sales are booming. I have a few new customers from here. Thank you for your concern.