Skip to main content

Reply to "2 Cycle Oil as 4 Cycle Engine Fuel Additive"

quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Vipond:
quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:
And yet, not a single European auto maker, on a continent where extended OCI is the norm, uses amsoil as a factory fill.
AMSOIL is made and marketed in the USA. Why would a European auto maker that manufactures, distributes and services world wide use an oil that is mainly only available in the US and Canada?

And why do you continually go off topic?

1: Said Euro cars are also sold here. In large numbers too.
So you expect them to factory fill and test them in Europe with AMSOIL, when AMSOIL isn't available?

quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:2: Said Euro cars have long OCIs here too.
Yes, and they specify the product specifications which AMSOIL meets if AMSOIL recommends it.

quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:3: So again? Why isn't it FF for all the BMWs, Audis, Mercedes, RR, Bentleys, Ferarris, MINIs, ad infinitum, sold here?
So again. See my response to #1.

quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:4: You would do well to keep in mind that it was YOU who took a thread on 2 cycle oil as 4 cycle engine fuel additive and proceeded to push amsoil. Again.
Actually I asked why use a two stroke oil that is not recommended by 2 stroke oil and vehicle manufacturers when other products like AMSOIL are specifically made, tested and recommended for that purpose? You keep bringing AMSOIL back into it.

quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:5: Again, what TC-W3 oil are you using in your car/s?
I'm not using any TC-W3 oil in my car. The TC-W3 manufacturers warn against it (as Shell did) and I've never seen auto makers recommend it. It would void your warranty if it was found to be the cause of failure. And the 2 cycle manufacturer wouldn't either. You'd be on your own. Why take the chance?