Skip to main content

Reply to "Amsoil EAO vs PureONE"

PureOne filters are very good. However I have seen that the filter material is packed very tight in the can, which could as I believe someone may have mentioned cause flow or pressure problems. Shine a light into the Amsoil filter, and you will see that the filter material looks pretty neat. It is a blue gauze looking synthetic material that is actually incased in mesh. Similar to what a K&N air filter looks like.

Also, if anyone has actually picked up and held an Amsoil Ea oil filter, it is shocking how much heavier, and beefer, and just heavy duty the filter is. It is basically like they took the highest quality part from every filter manufacturer and put them together in their own filter. For instance, I have two vehicles that use a Eao15 which is the same as a Ford FL1A or small block ford filter. The Amsoil is about twice as heavy, and it is about impossible to squeeze the canister, and even on the mounting base plate, and threaded area is just much larger gauge metal than other filters. So to say that one is far better than the other, that is hard to say. I would trust the amsoil ea filter for extended drain intervals over the pure one, but I also used the pure one filters for a long time before I started picking up the Ea filters.

jdblya@gmail.com