Skip to main content

Reply to "Amsoil EAO vs PureONE"

quote:
Originally posted by Tim Vipond:
Yes, you seem to be confused. Look at the much smaller diameter, closer together nanofibers, compared to the much larger wide spread microfibers in the second photograph. The nanofibers would clearly filter smaller and more particles, yet allow more flow than the microfibers. That is how the AMSOIL synthetic nanofiber filters smaller particles and for up to 25,000 miles, compared to cellulose microfibers which are often recommended to be changed at 3,000 miles (such as PureONE). PureONE stands to sell up to 8 filters, whereas AMSOIL might only sell one for the same mileage.

If I am confused then you are delusional. If the nanomedia is that fine then how does it last 25,000 without clogging up? From what I see the whole point of having a fine web is to catch smaller particles. What happens when large particles comes along? Well since they are not smaller than the holes in the web they are caught or you can say well they somehow can be bypassed but that is stupid because the whole point of the filter is to filter and not let things get through. So then you can say well Amsoil's filter has a lot of medium but so does PureONE?

To answer some of my questions above it seems that it is a progressive filter:
http://minimopar.knizefamily.n.../reference.html#hd01

Hey look, that is another filter manufactured by Donaldson! Hmmm! Technology sharing? Noooo way If that filter is so good (HD01) then why is it discontinued? Hmmm...

Here is where you got 3,000mile change but finish the sentence:
http://www.purolatorautofilter...reoneoilfilters.aspx

"Purolator PureONE oil filters should be replaced every 3,000 miles or 3 months depending on the driving conditions - or unless otherwise specified by the vehicle's manufacturer."

Most car manuals specify 5000-7500 mile oil change interval so does that mean all of a sudden magically PureONE works twice as well? Purolator is really Bosch and being Bosch and connected with the industry do you think they can put some ridiculous oil change interval on there even though it can go up to a certain amount of miles? No. The point of the industry, this one, is to stay in business and sell more filters and the point of Amsoil's market scheme is to steal customers away from the former but still attempting to make a pretty penny in the process and the ever lower margin of profit.

Just because Amsoil says I can do 25,000miles or 1 year which ever comes first no problem I can all of a sudden trust that for ANY given gasoline car driven at ANY given conditions in ANY driving style be it a turbo/super/combined charged car or the Honda CR-X? Just because PureONE tells me to change 3,000 then I read my car manual and it says 7500 or maybe even 10,000 miles that should then change at those intervals? You've got to be kidding me. What if a driver feels like only doing 3,000miles a year on the EaO? Should we change filters then (funny because it's at 3000miles) or keep driving? If so then EaO just became the victim of your own rampage against the marketing claims of other filters.