Skip to main content

Reply to "Amsoil EAO vs PureONE"

quote:
Originally posted by Tim Vipond:
quote:
Originally posted by Ebolamonkey:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tim Vipond:
Yes, you seem to be confused. Look at the much smaller diameter, closer together nanofibers, compared to the much larger wide spread microfibers in the second photograph. The nanofibers would clearly filter smaller and more particles, yet allow more flow than the microfibers. That is how the AMSOIL synthetic nanofiber filters smaller particles and for up to 25,000 miles, compared to cellulose microfibers which are often recommended to be changed at 3,000 miles (such as PureONE). PureONE stands to sell up to 8 filters, whereas AMSOIL might only sell one for the same mileage.

If I am confused then you are delusional. If the nanomedia is that fine then how does it last 25,000 without clogging up? From what I see the whole point of having a fine web is to catch smaller particles. What happens when large particles comes along? Well since they are not smaller than the holes in the web they are caught or you can say well they somehow can be bypassed but that is stupid because the whole point of the filter is to filter and not let things get through. So then you can say well Amsoil's filter has a lot of medium but so does PureONE?
. You still seem to be confused. The larger particles just sit on top of the nanofibers and still allows oil flow around it into the many pores available.

quote:

Just because Amsoil says I can do 25,000miles or 1 year which ever comes first no problem I can all of a sudden trust that for ANY given gasoline car driven at ANY given conditions in ANY driving style be it a turbo/super/combined charged car or the Honda CR-X? Just because PureONE tells me to change 3,000 then I read my car manual and it says 7500 or maybe even 10,000 miles that should then change at those intervals? You've got to be kidding me. What if a driver feels like only doing 3,000miles a year on the EaO? Should we change filters then (funny because it's at 3000miles) or keep driving? If so then EaO just became the victim of your own rampage against the marketing claims of other filters.
AMSOIL says: "Service Life
AMSOIL Ea Oil Filters are guaranteed for 25,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first, when used in conjunction with AMSOIL Synthetic Motor Oil. AMSOIL recommends changing the oil filter at the time of oil change.

If used in conjunction with AMSOIL Motor Oil that is being changed at intervals less than 25,000 miles, the EaO Filter should be changed at the same time. AMSOIL EaO Filters are not guaranteed for 25,000 miles when used with any oil other than AMSOIL Motor Oil and should be changed according to vehicle OEM recommendations."

For AMSOIL's motor oil:

"SERVICE LIFE
AMSOIL Synthetic 0W-20 Motor Oil is recommended for extended drain intervals in unmodified(1), mechanically sound(2) gasoline-fueled vehicles as follows:

• Normal Service(3) – Up to 25,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first.

• Severe Service(4) – Up to 15,000 miles or one year, whichever comes first.

• Replace AMSOIL Ea Oil Filter at the time of oil change, up to 25,000 miles or one year service life, whichever comes first (other brands at standard OEM* intervals).

• In all non-gasoline fueled vehicle applications, extend the oil change interval according to oil analysis or follow the OEM* drain interval.

*OEM – Original Equipment Manufacturer

(1) Engines operating under modified conditions are excluded from extended drain recommendations. Examples include the use of performance computer chips; non-OEM approved exhaust, fuel or air induction systems; and the use of fuels other than those recommended for normal operation by the manufacturer.

(2) Mechanically sound engines are in good working condition and do not, for example, leak oil or consume excessive amounts, are not worn out, do not overheat, do not leak anti-freeze and have properly working emission control systems. AMSOIL recommends repairing malfunctioning engines prior to the installation of AMSOIL synthetic oils.

(3) Personal vehicles frequently traveling greater than 10 miles (16 km) at a time and not operating under severe service.

(4) Turbo or supercharged vehicles, commercial or fleet vehicles, excessive engine idling, first and subsequent use of AMSOIL in vehicles with over 100,000 miles, daily short trip driving less than 10 miles (16k), frequent towing, plowing, hauling or dusty condition
driving."
Last edited by timvipond