Skip to main content

Reply to "Amsoil EAO vs PureONE"

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
IMO the Amsoil filter is trapping less dirt up until its half life, possibly letting twice the smaller particles through early on. Then when it starts to load up it starts to filter more efficiently, but it took half its life to get there.
Isn't this basically true for any filter? Filters become more efficient up until they go into bypass. If I had to use 5 PureONE filters, this would happen 5 times compared to once with the AMSOIL EaO.
quote:
You're only talking about changing the Pure One filter twice in 25,000 miles, and the cost of the two filters is still less than one Amsoil filter.
For my vehicles (and many other vehicles that do towing, dirt roads, short trips, idling, etc), I would have to change 5 PureONES for every AMSOIL EaO to meet my vehicle, PureOne's and AMSOIL's recommendations. The poor guy with the Honda had very little filtration when the PureONE failed after only 5,000 miles (it could have happened much sooner). I just don't see how a PureONE oil restrictive, microfiber media without support that lasts 1/5th as long as a nanofiber, less restrictive, media supported filter, is the better filter.
Last edited by timvipond