Skip to main content

Reply to "Amsoil EAO vs PureONE"

quote:
Originally posted by GeeAea:
I pretty much share Lamont's take. I really don't think filtration (per se~) will alter the life span of an engine to any degree of significance. The life span of an engine is a combination of its design and how it's operated and maintained. If you're swapping out the sump often enough, filtration becomes less of an issue. You're resetting the counter to zero. If you're going longer, then the holding capacity of the filter will come into play and there you may manage some better result (that has no assurance of having any impact of significance) with a finer filter.

The concept of the EaO is to facilitate a one year filter use over a very broad mileage variance. It's that simple. The rest, for just about any filter, is fluff in marketing.

I guess if you share Lamont's take then maybe we all should be using a cheap oil filter, I am willing to bet that you do not even use the EaO Oil Filter, its kind of strange since you do sell Amsoil products that in reality you do not even use most of there products, hyping or defending a product you rarely use is kind of pathetic.