Skip to main content

Reply to "API CF"

quote:
Originally posted by Deltona_Dave:
quote:
Originally posted by rb2399:
What if I use API CF rated oil like say Mobil 1 5W-50 in my Engine that requires minimum of API CH-4

I understand that Mobil 1 5W-50 is fully synthetic and provides outstanding protection.So will this oil work in my case ?
Some of my friends have gone ahead and started using Mobil 1 5W-50 instead of a 15W-40/API-CH4 Dino and they claim engine runs very smooth & all.
Till date I have stuck to good old Delo-400/Delvac MX since my Vehicle needs minimum API-CH4

Thanks,
rb2399

RB, You will be fine using Delo, Delvac, or Rotella. All are great Diesel Spec oils.

Dave

Dave and rb2399.......what is the climate where the oil will be run? Colder climates would call for the 5w-- oils. Easier on the engine and greatly reduces dry start engine damage/wear.

What is the exact engine type?

I believe your friends are on to something using the 5w-50.....however a better choice if you are going to use the Mobil products would be..........DELVAC 1 SYNTHETIC. 5w-40.

Delvac 1 is outstanding and the best oil mobil has to offer for diesel engines and some gas engines as well.

This is the mobil link

http://www.mobil.com/USA-Engli...l_Delvac_1_5W-40.asp