Skip to main content

Reply to "API Mineral/Dino is not bad"

quote:
This genny was pulled out of the garage, opened up and photographed. It was not run. Not a good idea to pull rocker covers when engine is hot, but Kirk would not understand that.

Sure,I used to be SUN-SNAP ON REP,I do all my own maintenance,have a ton of tools,but don't understand hot engines.

And Dave...what does this remark of yours say/prove about your real motive

quote:
I would never spray carb cleaner in the valve train, not good for me, but then I would not use left over pencil shavings (synlube) in my engine either.

So DAVE......according to your above remark...why are my engines running flawlessly with, as you say,....."PENCIL SHAVINGS" ???

Do you have an issue with colloids,or synlube(you mentioned it)...... even though colloids are industry proven and used by many brands of oil,not just the one I happen to use with great results.

People have been running straight 30 Wt in small engines for years now,big deal. What exactly is your photo supposed to prove with regard to a $40,000 car/suv,and a $5,000-$10,000 or more replacement cost for the engine. What does a 190CC air cooled hot running toy engine have in common with a modern day car engine that also happens to have sophisticated emission systems that the toy in the photo does not!

Car engines see short trips,incomplete warm-ups,condensation and moisture laden oil,emission system issues,all of which can lead to sludge,wear,corrosion(acid), and erosion(friction) based wear. That is why all those car engines were sludging up. I never mentioned air cooled lawn mower engine sludge. Although I did drop a link showing why synthetic is better in air cooled engines.

I see no reason to try and save a few pennies installing cheap dino oil in a tiny little air cooled engine which only uses 16 oz of oil just to try and prove a meaningless point When synthetic oil is already been proven better even in those engines........BECAUSE THEY RUN SO STINKING HOT!!!!

Why are all the small engine manufactures now recommending synthetic if dino oil is good enough according to you?? ANSWER.......THE SMALL, AIR COOLED ENGINES RUN HOT, AND SYNTHETIC CAN HANDLE HEAT, MUCH,MUCH BETTER!