Skip to main content

Reply to "Atlas Copco Roto-H compressor oil?"

Dear Sirs,
Allow me to break into a conversation and to express one's view on this problem.
I think that OEMs “brand” oil not good idea. In this case I see the two “pitfalls”.
On the one hand the OEM uses convention oil under top-secret formulation for possibility to sell “special OEM’s recommended oil” at very high price. They not allow equipment owners to use other lubricants under pretence "breach of warranty". The owners are had had to buy expensive oil during whole equipment life and believes that “only OEM’s oil can to provides … but other oils not do”
On the other hand OEMs often conceals their technical and construction imperfections and defects by growth concernment of Lubricants. Instead utilization of established structural materials and engineering solutions they shifts problems on shoulders of “special Lub's", which stands very expensive of course. Even if it is very good equipment, but it require specific maintenance, including the lubricant that can to buy in one place of world only - it is not good thing. Thanks to that some OEM replaced one material of gasket by other without particular needs, it compel the owner to puzzle over search the OEMs “brand” lubricants. This situation is cast back the bottle of beer in Europe with bottle-opener in US. Fortunately most OEMs are rest upon world-wide specifications of oils and not persist on use OEMs “brand” oils.

Thanks.