Skip to main content

Reply to "Atlas Copco Roto-H compressor oil?"

Dear Hussan Adeny,

The problem of forgery in countries such as Kazakhstan has grandiose scale. There are fabricating all - from needles and beverages to foods and household appliances. And forgery protection has temporality and sway from side to side. But I speak of other things.

For example Demag Excavator. For all components of this equipment you can select lubricant meeting common specifications, but only for greasing of Slewing Ring you must use special Tribol’s product as otherwise will be pitting of Gear Teeth & Pinion. Hundreds and thousands similar assemblies are working without special Lub, only Demag cannot. I think that in this case we have example of technical imperfection, incompleteness. Other Lub with EP characteristics CANNOT provide adequate protection of these parts. And owner of excavators must to buy German product independently of its own location. And this product stands really golden because the oil manufacturer is ready to supply it by truck, by plane … Please, pay through the nose for whose mistakes!

Or is other example, Steering Power Fluids of Audi Cars. It is not ATF. It is not Hydraulic Oil. It is SPECIAL product from VW and we cannot see other explanation. Why? I don’t know. May be there is another type of gasket material, may be there is especial requires for lubrication bearings? And this product has cost larger, more larger, than other. Apropos, in these conditions will be prospering the falsification. And how you said “If you can to buy the car at $30 000 or $40 000, you should buy the Special Product at $10 or $20 per litter. That's gorgeous!

I like Caterpillar. It has own Lub for each application. Cat does not give any approvals to other firm’s lubricants. You can use either Cat Lub or other Lub. If your selected product is meeting required specifications you can to use it for any Caterpillar equipment. But if you bought falsification product - it is your problem. Next time you will buy Lub from official distributor or some other ways, which will exclude disappointing mistake. But Cat NOT FORCES you to buy CAT'S LUBRICANTS with knife near throat.

In view of this it came to me discussion (true it will be better for next section “Car and Truck Lubrication”). If you have a new car and ask hundred people “What Lub I must use - Sinthetics or Mineral?” and 95-98 of them answers “Synthetics, of course!” Why, and scores of times, WHY?

Regards,