Skip to main content

Reply to "DEXOS VS GF-5 LUBE STANDARD"

I just don't get the concept of spending $40,000 dollars on a piece of equipment(titan),and then go on to install motor oil that meets a minumum spec just to save 10 bucks. Fuel cost alone are thousands a year. Premium oil is cheap insurance and goes for the maximum standard. Go figure.

Between my Jeep and mustang alone.....that would be $65,000 dollars cost,Plus 2 grand a year for car insurance,and 3 grand a year for fuel with both vehicles. Then, I am supposed to adhere to the logic some are imposing on this board and brag about saving 10 bucks on an oil change using group II oil. I don't think that makes any sense at all when the higher standard lubes don't really cost that much more and give much better protection.....and last longer negating that paltry 10 dollar savings.

I can not see the logic of penny wise and dollar foolish some are taking on this thread with minimum standard oil when the better lubes are scientifically proven better for not much more cost,and may actually save money in the long run.

Do you guys buy cheap everything else on that note as well!

THE PHRASE FOR THE DAY......CHEAP IS UGLY!