Skip to main content

Reply to "DEXOS VS GF-5 LUBE STANDARD"

Group II bulk oil used by many dealers and lube chains...Those are oils I just don't use in my vehicles...Though admittedly many do...vehicle owners enticed in by the $10-15 oil change, who after having it changed forget about ever checking it for a year.

The biggest cause of premature engine wear is owner neglect. For the most part even the cheaper oils will work with reasonable OCI. The owner needs to keep up on all facets of maintenance. A cheap little PCV causes how many problems? Leaking gaskets ignored, and the owner opting to just periodically fill the radiator.

Oil changes are just one facet of vehicle care...Important yes, but to often other facets are ignored, and the end result is sludge, with the uninformed naturally blaming the oil.

In our disposeable go go society, people either don't care about vehicle maintenance, or plead ignorant, and pay someone to do the job. A new car is about the second most expensive item most of us will purchase. I don't like to give up my hard earned cash, evry 5-7 years for a new car, so I spend the time to know the vehicle, and take care of it properly in all aspects.
Last edited by nucleardawg