Skip to main content

Reply to "Diesel oil"

Last time I checked I did have the RC 45 Wink, don't know why you would respond with a statement like that, the fact that the engine still has original compression speaks of the quality of the oil. As for shear strength, a HDEO will wipe the floor of a regular PCMO, as for analysis, hate to mention BITOG but afraid, I would suggest you take a look at the analysis numbers posted by motorcycle users using HDEO, majority of them are refugees from expensive synthetic motorcycle oils, they found better performance and wear numbers using HDEO, I too used Motul synthetic initially and also Mobil-I 15W-50 on my RC45, the feel was just not good, the shifting was poor, the engine was noisier as compared to now using HDEO.

I have mentioned earlier in this forum that oil analysis is not possible for me here, wish I had it done while my RC45 was in US, the labs here only accept commercial orders and individuals are not catered to.

I use HDEO on my gas cars and gensets, all of them have their internals clean, the gassers run excellent, one is approaching the 100,000 mile mark and is in excellent condition. It is indeed a never ending debate, but what works in real field testing is what I am interested in, pass the 50C weather test and you got me as a customer for life.