Skip to main content

Reply to "Digital equipment to measure moisture in oil ?"

It is very surprising that you people are not understanding me.Maybe I am unable to make you understand.

Now i am giving you one example.Suppose i have 20 hydraulic machines on same shop floor,each having 1500L of oil.I have a very good hydraulic oil cleaning system on trolley which is connected to each machine for 72 hours one by one, removing solid contaminants upto 1 micron and bringing moisture to less than 50ppm. As per OEM i should change oil after every 4000 working hours. But my cleaning system is maintaining the oil in every machine at an average NAS 7 and moisture 50ppm.

I have planned to send the samples of oil drawn from every tank to sophisticated oil testing lab for knowing the accurate quality of oilfirst time after 3000 hours and after that at regular intervals of 1000 working hours. But i also want to monitor the oil in In-house lab having some equipments which give quick results, maybe they are not very accurate.Here do i need very sophisticated instruments at my place , if i ask for some Moisture metre with 5% inacuracy, Visgauge with even 2% inaccuracy, am i commitiing some crime?I don't know why people start raising question about the country and its culture.When i have planned to send my oil samples after every 1000 hours for accurate testing, do i need that much accuracy while testing oil in house after every 500 hours or 400 hours. I need an approximate view of the quality of oil.

I again appeal to experts to develop equipments for determining moisture content in oil with digital display at a price of approximately UD$1000, it should be able to tell moisture even if it is only 20ppm, maybe with an error of 5%.