Skip to main content

Reply to "Engine Break-In"

Almost all new vehicles have the engines broken in long before the customer get them. They are driven off the assembly line, on/off the trains or car haulers, around the dealer lots and often customer test drive. I have never seen a new car with less that 5 miles on it and I bet the run time approaches an hour or more. Around here in the winter its not unusual for the dealer to be moving cars around all winter to make room for snow removal, lots of idling time.

btw-If synthetic oil was not good for new engines, why are some many MFG's installing it in new cars?

Many people are living in a time warp and refuse to beleive modern technolgy.

Last year I had to install a new 5.0L engine (cracked block from overheating) in my 92 Chevy plow truck. The GM dealer called me up and said, we can't put that synthetic oil you wanted in the new engine, do you want it use something else? Say what, I said. You sell new Corvettes with synthetic oil but I can't use it in my new GM engine? Don't you dare install another oil or I will be a mad customer. They put in but were against it. Over 1 yr later, many hours of plowing snow and the engine is running fine. To hear the GM tech talk, I would not make it home. LOL. I could not beleive an Corvette dealer would be so down on synthetic oil, I hope none of their Corvette owners got that critism for wanting synthetic oil installed when it mandatory on the Corvette because only synthetic oil meets the required oil spec.

Mobil 1 is factory fill in:

* Aston Martin
* Bentley Amage and Bentley GT
* Cadillac CTS, XLR, SRX and STS
* Chevrolet Corvette
* Dodge Viper
* Mercedes-Benz AMG vehicles
* Mercedes SLR
* Mitsubishi EVO
* Pontiac GTO
* All Porsche vehicles
Last edited by miker