Skip to main content

Reply to "equivalent products for Kluber"

Well depends, if you are specific on applications. For casters in steel mills, we have successfully replaced Klueber Stabutherm GH461 with Molykote G-0106 Sitela 1 and with successful results in last 2 years. In Motors we replaced a Klueber grease with Molykote G-0100. Again succesfully running for over a year at a steel mill.

Sometime Klueber has products that we find are over qualified for specific application (or are recommended accordingly!). As a distributor for specialty lubricant offcourse this is an interesting market for us but before a change recommendation, the application area is studied to understand the temperature, environment, speeds, load conditions, etc. A shortlist is made and based on some precedence or experience with a similar application in the past, we have often made recommendation for a changeover either for considerations of getting something more competitive or sometimes better result itself (like a grease for a pump bearing where we, i think gave a relube interval of 1 month versus a klueber relube interval of 21 days).

As i said, these are specific examples I can share from my experience.

BTW: why are looking for the change - availability issues, prices, service ??

I think you could also refer to the machine manufacturer for an alternative suggestion if the machine is under warranty or otherwise. There are over a hundred brands available and most OEms do give atleast 5-6 options for a suggested lubricant brand.