Skip to main content

Reply to "Fuel Injector Cleaner Maximum Frequency"

quote:
Originally posted by RelTech:
However, I am a little skeptical about Shell's marketing of the nitrogen enriched gasoline.

An article I stumbled across from 2009 (see below) talks about how they suspended funding all alternative fuel research and another source stated this as a reason why they began a more aggressive marketing campaign for their enriched fuels. This may or may not be true, as unfortunately I cannot find the source again.

I will still purchase from them if the need arises (ie, they are nearby and I need fuel), as they are on the Top Tier list.

Scientific American article

Shell has had financial troubles for quite sometime. Their ROI has not met targets nor shareholder expectations, so they cut a lot of staff, closed locations, exited businesses. They are trying to stick with their core competencies and businesses. Oil and refining. The alternative fuel research (mostly solar and wind) was one they felt they could do without as it took a lot of money, they aren't the leaders in this field, and the ROI would take years and they don't have that luxury.