Skip to main content

Reply to "I think I'm sticking with Redline"

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
Having now tried both RL and Amsoil I would use RL. IMO the engine sounded better with the RL. I think they use better additives, and lots of moly. Hope I don't get flamed, I call it like I see it.

AD

AD, you are not going to get flamed, at least not from me, then again I am a pretty mellow Bear.

Redline Products are top notch, and Dave, the guy many of us talk too over at Redline is a great guy. I think there oil's will keep an engine cleaner than Amsoil's motor oil's. I believe Amsoil's oil's are kind of old school, some of there oil's do not have Moly in them, and I have noticed my cars run better when I put in some Moly Additive, and Redline Oil's seem to have alot of Moly in them, since Moly is one of the most expensive additives in oil then I can see why Redline's oil's are a bit more expensive. So if Redline seems to be making your engine run better, then you might as well stick with it.

I think when I do my next Gear Oil Change I will be trying Redline Gear Oil instead of purchasing more Amsoil Gear Oil.