Skip to main content

Reply to "I think I'm sticking with Redline"

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:

Another reason I won't be using Amsoil again. For a few $$ anyone can sell it, and it gets old when the reps watch and monitor these threads looking to attack, defend, or sell. That and the $20 fee for the right to a better price, no thanks.
For those who have a qualified business, there is no fee to buy at wholesale. By far, most of my customers fall in this category, only 13% pay a membership fee. I only suggest the $10 membership if it saves them more than that on their first order, which it usually does. It also gets them a 32 page wholesale catalog, a monthly subscription to AMSOIL Action News and some other promotional items. And they get 10% off retail after their membership expires. Not a bad deal for $10. And for some tight budgeted college students I know, I have waived the $10 fee.

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:My dads dealer told him if the oil isn't API certified and the suggested grade and there is a problem they have the right to void the warranty. I wouldn't want to be in the middle of that fire fight if my engine checked out because of an oil failure with a non approved oil. Yep this goes for using RL oil too, but I'd take RL over Amsoil for my ride.
No manufacturer requires an API certified motor oil, it just needs to meet API specifications. If you don't see the listed vehicle manufacturers API classification listed on a motor oil, then I don't think you should use it. AMSOIL motor oils meet the API specifications, and have never voided a warranty in 38 years. And if the oil ever does fail, you are covered by the AMSOIL warranty.
Last edited by timvipond