Skip to main content

Reply to "I think I'm sticking with Redline"

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
I'd rather not deal with Amsoil at all to be honest Tim. I tried their products, thought they were OK for a while then realized they were nothing great, just hype.
What hype? I've found AMSOIL to back their claims with undisputed data, the longest recommended oil and filter changes, and the best warranty in the business. It was the oil change intervals and warranty that sold me. 1 oil change a year for each of my 4 vehicles instead of 5 a year per vehicle was exactly what I wanted.

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:I don't care for their business model either, or the way their reps watch every thread for comments about the product, then chime in and try to defend or push for a sale. Reminds me of a company pushing some expensive engine cleaner. IMO its a real turn off. I have some dialogue with friends on other sites that aren't thrilled with the product, the high prices, and the shipping costs either. Its a boutique high priced product, but not for this Sailor.
I like their business model. I found running an AMSOIL business is very low risk and probably the easiest business to run. No deliveries, no store, no bill collecting, no inventory, work when I feel like it, don't work when I don't (a real plus for me since I am undergoing cancer chemotherapy). My customers are thrilled with the product once they try it. I've had the same customers since I started 6 years ago and reorders are by far my biggest income. Their price of oil per warranted mile is lower than with any other oil they've used. There are no shipping charges if you pick up at the warehouses or retail stores. AMSOIL, an American owned family company, purchases from American vendors, is blended and bottled by Americans, and is sold by Americans. The money stays here. And the business model is probably the most successful for motor oils with increased market share every year for 38 years.

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:I also have a hard time wrapping my brain around them backing a product like SSO or ASM if there is a problem related to oil. They'll fight tooth and nail to defend themselves. I'd fare better with something that has the API certs or RL as a company, all the motor heads I know say RL blows Amsoil away. AD

There has never been a problem with AMSOIL backing any of their products. I sell to over 370 accounts for 6 years and there has never been a problem. AMSOIL sells to over 1500 government agencies and some of the largest fleets in America. In Texas, the Texas Department of Public Safety has 3500 police cars that used to change their oil every 2,000-3,000 miles with other oils (severe service) have used AMSOIL for the past 10 years changing AMSOIL oil and filters every 20,000 miles. No problems. And of course, if API certifications are important to you, AMSOIL offers 5w20, 5w30, 10w30, 10w40 and 15w40 that are API certified. I don't see that Red Line has any API certified oils. How does RL blow AMSOIL away? Any data? All the undisputed independent test data I've seen (and can share if you like) shows AMSOIL outperforms Red Line.
Last edited by timvipond