Skip to main content

Reply to "I think I'm sticking with Redline"

quote:
Originally posted by Tim Vipond:
No problem Big Bear. I get a kick out of some of the internet information on AMSOIL. I don't know if they truly believe it, just want to argue, or are just misinformed. I just try to clear things up if I see erroneous AMSOIL info posted. If you ever have a question or concern, go by the info on the www.amsoil.com website for the correct information on AMSOIL website or call the AMSOIL technical hotline listed on the website. I don't think there are any bad oils as long as you follow the recommendations listed by the vehicle manufacturer and the oil company. But there seems to only be one oil that has stood the test of time for warranted extended oil change intervals. That is why I use it. It saves me time and money. And that's why people buy it.

Tim, I reread this whole thread and it seems you have been in business for about 6 years or so. It would be nice if you joined us on BITOG, but I think you may already be a member.

I hope you understand why there is some skepticism towards Amsoil, and it maybe unfair, but on BITOG we did have an oil additive that was once a sponsor and we found out it did not live up to the claims. Again, everything I post is not something that I makeup in my head, I like to base my response on products from my observations as well as others.

I can also remember when Mobil 1 was recommending extended drains back in the late 1970's or early 1980's and they stopped doing this becuase some people were having engine failures, they were not checking there oil level from what I remember. I am hoping that any of your Amsoil Customers as well as other Amsoil Customers who do extended drains are at least checking there oil level once a month or every 2 weeks or so. I always check my oil level once a week, it might be anal, and sometimes the oil level is fine and other times I may have to add a few ounces of oil.