Skip to main content

Reply to "I think I'm sticking with Redline"

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:Lets not forget: Amsoil has 2 oil 'lines' - their APIcertified 'XL' oils, and their non-API-certified oils - ASL, ATM, SSO...etc... I'd rather not tempt fate using their "top of the line" non API certified oils in a vehicle under warranty.

AD
And yet you use Red Line, that has no API certified oil?
And AMSOIL has never voided any factory warranty in 38 years, and comes with it's own warranty if it ever does. Seems pretty safe to me.

Yes I'll use non certified RL over Amsoil because it is a better product. I have no doubts at all about RL oil.

Amsoil's writings about their defective filters doesn't cut it either. If there wasn't a problem they wouldn't have to redesign them would they? Not enough testing to make a blanket statement, seems the real testing was done at the expense of the car owners. No one knows just how much damage was done, just as long as the engine don't knock! Lets see some guy buys SSO and adds it to his engine, runs 20K and blows the motor, my guess is Amsoil is looking high and low for a way out. Lets see fuel dilution, that sounds like an out. They'll use their own lab too, for sure.......

These extended drains are high risk, ask anyone who had their oil light come on because of a clogged filter. I guess if the engine isn't knocking then Amsoil dodges the bullet, don't they?

T1 certified. Ok lets see, pay $50 IIRC , get a book, take an open book test become T1 Certified. Anyone who can read and pay $50 can become T1 certified. A family friend was an Amsoil dealer, I'm still not impressed. If I call RL I get to talk to a respected expert in the industry, Amsoil it will be the luck of the draw.

AD