Skip to main content

Reply to "I think I'm sticking with Redline"

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
Lets see some guy buys SSO and adds it to his engine, runs 20K and blows the motor, my guess is Amsoil is looking high and low for a way out. Lets see fuel dilution, that sounds like an out. They'll use their own lab too, for sure.......
AMSOIL looks to see if their oil was to blame. It never has been in 38 years. And if it is, it is covered by the AMSOIL warranty. AMSOIL uses a 3rd party to perform oil and parts analysis. You are free to use anyone you choose, as is the auto maker. Never been a problem in 38 years.

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:These extended drains are high risk, ask anyone who had their oil light come on because of a clogged filter. I guess if the engine isn't knocking then Amsoil dodges the bullet, don't they?
AMSOIL also has a filter warranty: http://www.amsoil.com/lit/g300...rantyinformation.pdf .

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:T1 certified. Ok lets see, pay $50 IIRC , get a book, take an open book test become T1 Certified. Anyone who can read and pay $50 can become T1 certified. AD
. It is only $35 for the optional 2 inch thick business manual and application guides and includes the T1 Certification Test which is sold at company cost. It has paid for itself several times over with the free leads that AMSOIL sends me. I've had open book tests in college. What is your point? I think the value of the test is that you have to find out how to use the manual to find the information you need to answer the questions. Then when customers ask questions, you know where to find the answers. More like a home study course than a test. But you still have to ace it.
Last edited by timvipond