Skip to main content

Reply to "I think I'm sticking with Redline"

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:

I think AD makes some good points, the only time an extended drain with Amsoil would not be a risk is if someone had a new car that they switched over to Amsoil at the 3000 mile mark. They could probably do extended drains under perfect driving conditions, those being the guy who lives a mile or so from the Interstate and travel 30 to 50 miles on the interstate to work and back. The same goes for these Amsoil EaO Oil Filters, you need a clean engine in order to run one of these filters for extended drains.
AMSOIL does not have any requirements as to when you start using AMSOIL other than the engine be in good mechanical condition. Most of my customers started with much higher mileage engines and older vehicles. No problems. No risk. You can do extended drains under perfect driving conditions, or severe driving conditions. If you suspect your engine is dirty, you can use the AMSOIL Engine and Transmission flush and then proceed with the recommended AMSOIL extended oil change intervals, or just consider your first AMSOIL oil change as severe mileage for cleanup, then follow the recommended AMSOIL extended oil change intervals.

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:
If you do call an Amsoil Dealer, it is true, you will get the luck of the draw, is he a real car guy who has vast knowledge about engines and motor oil's or is he a guy just doing this as a part time job without that much knowledge about cars.
True. I think picking the right AMSOIL dealer is important and you should ask about their background if that is important to you. You can always call AMSOIL tech support for professional advice if you need to.