Skip to main content

Reply to "I think I'm sticking with Redline"

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
Call Ford and ask. If they spec 5W20, they want 5W20, not 0W30!!! PERIOD.
Actually they spec Ford WSS-M2C930-A, which AMSOIL recommends SSO and the other 2 oils.
quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1: What Amsoil says is all fine and dandy, would you gamble with a $30,000 vehicle because Amsoil says they'll get your back? I guess you would you sell the stuff.
I don't see a gamble since Ford covers the defects and AMSOIL covers the oil. And I use it in my $90,000 2008 Ford motorhome still under Ford warranty and change at 15,000 miles/1 year instead of Ford's recommended 3,000 miles. No worries at all. A sure bet.

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:Remember SSO doesn't wear the API Starburst, so they can say they meet any spec they want. But they don't have the API stamp on SSO. Ford would like to see that too. The dealer has the right to refuse a claim if the oil they spec wasn't used. Try adding Type F trans fluid to a new GM car see what happens if you have a tranny problem. I mean after all it is tranny fluid isn't it? Only problem, it isn't what GM calls for. Same for SSO in a Ford or Chrysler calling for an API approved 5W20.

If I use the correct oil I don't have to send Amsoil to refresh anyone. After warranty have at it.......

AD

No vehicle manufacturer requires the voluntary API starburst for warranty coverage. If it is important to you for some reason, then use one. AMSOIL offers a 5w20 that has the starburst. Does Red Line?

The dealer has NO right to refuse a warranty claim. That can only be done by the vehicle manufacturer and they have to state the reason in writing. If your fluids meet the manufacturer's specification, that is all that is required. And the vehicle manufacturer warranty only covers defects, and not the specified fluid. If the specified fluid fails, then it will fall back to the fluid manufacturer. That is why it is important to use a high quality fluid with a good warranty that covers parts and labor.