Skip to main content

Reply to "I think I'm sticking with Redline"

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
Not sure I understand you. If your Ford calls for 5W20 only and is a 2010, XL would be the choice to CYA. Only Amsoil suggests 0W30, all other oil companies will tell you 5W20.

AD
Not true. AMSOIL recommends their 0w20 and 0w30 for the given application, so the AMSOIL warranty would CMA if the oil failed, which it hasn't in 38 years. Ford only warrants against manufacturing defects, not the oil.

Here is Mobil 1's recommendation. Notice they also recommend 0w20, just like AMSOIL. "Oh the horror!"

What's the right oil for my car?

Our products in the viscosity right for your vehicle

We've taken what you told us about your vehicle and driving conditions, and using an auto industry database, have determined our products in the viscosity recommended by your vehicle manufacturer. These products are shown categorized by the level of protection they provide. To learn more about a product, click its name.

Current Vehicle:
Year: 2010
Make: Ford
Model: Mustang
Engine Type: 8cyl. 4.6Liter Naturally Aspirated

Ultimate Protection

Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5W-20
Mobil 1 Extended Performance 5W-20 fully synthetic motor oil is designed for today's longer service intervals. It provides guaranteed performance and protection for 15,000 miles or one year. Mobil 1 Extended Performance products with the Advanced SuperSyn System contain extra performance additives to help deliver outstanding engine protection.

Mobil 1 5W-20
A fully synthetic motor oil, Mobil 1 5W-20 with SuperSyn Technology exceeds the industry's toughest standards and outperforms all conventional oils. Mobil 1 is recommended by leading car manufacturers as initial fill.

Mobil 1 0W-20 Advanced Fuel Economy
For improved fuel economy, consider using Mobil 1 0W-20 Advanced Fuel Economy which is engineered to deliver outstanding engine protection and to offer improved fuel economy in vehicles where SAE 0W-20 or 5W-20 oil is recommended.