Skip to main content

Reply to "I think I'm sticking with Redline"

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
Nowhere does it say 0W30 from Mobil. Any fool knows a 0W20 can be used in place of a 5W20, our discussion is SSO 0W30 in a 5W20 application, new vehicle under warranty. I'd trust Mobil over Amsoil too.
The Mobil 0w30 does not list the required Ford spec. AMSOIL does. And why did you say that only the AMSOIL 5w20 meets the spec and Ford warranty requirements, when AMSOIL also listed their 0w20? And Castrol makes a 0w20, but do not list it as a recommended oil for the 5w20 Mustang. Perhaps you should call them and let them know how foolish they are? Are you also saying that any 5w20 oil will work, even if they don't list the Ford spec?

quote:
You answered your own question a 20 grade oil is right for your car. Ask Pennzoil, bet they say a 20 grade oil too, and not mention a 30 grade. Only Amsoil suggests SSO 0W30, they have a lot invested in it and want to push it.

AD
The Pennzoil website is so out of date, they don't even list 2010 Mustangs! And they don't even offer a 0w-30! Maybe AMSOIL is the only one that makes a 0w-30 that meets the Ford spec? They are the only one that warranties a 35,000 mile/1 year oil.
Last edited by timvipond