Skip to main content

Reply to "I think I'm sticking with Redline"

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
Who is talking about 35,000 mile oil? I'm not, and only a fool with a new car and a warranty would use oil for 35,000 miles.
You said RL gives the same warranty as AMSOIL, yet you can't produce a warranty for even 25,000 miles. Why would only a fool with a new car use an oil for 35,000 normal miles up to a year? The 3500 Texas State Police change every 20,000 severe miles with a lesser oil for the past 10 years. Are they fools also?
quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1: RL doesn't make those claims, but if the oil is at fault I'd rather have them in my corner.
Why? They don't seem to have a warranty.
quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1: Have a look at some UOA's where the TBN of SSO is shot long before 35,000 miles. Remember this isn't a prefect world.
The oil has never failed in 38 years when used as recommended, so I doubt the oil is shot. Please post your best example.

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1: Ford doesn't spec 30 grade oil for all their 2010 engines, most probably are calling for a 20 grade. Amsoil is the only company that lists a 30 grade oil for Ford and Chrylser calling for 20 grade oils.
So? Maybe the other SAE 30 oils don't meet the manufacturers specs. And they certainly don't warranty a 35,000 normal mile/1 year oil change interval.

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:Show me proof where FORD specs a 30 grade oil in the US for that engine. Seems Mobil got it right in your example.
Which engine? Trajen showed a Ford Mustang engine that specs a 30 weight oil a few posts back. And Mobil didn't offer the required Ford spec either. So they did get it right.

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:Remember Amsoil can say anything they want about ASM and SSO it doesn't have the API approval. Oh yea they do claim to meet or exceed it though, they just didn't want to pay.
So? No vehicle manufacturer requires API approved oils. Why pay if it is not required by anyone? RL isn't API approved. And why didn't RL want to pay? And AMSOIL offers 5w20, 5w30, 10w30, 10w40 and 15w40 that are API approved, if that is important to anyone.

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:I'll take my chances with RL, on Dave's word alone.

AD
Good luck with that...Still waiting for a copy of the RL warranty, which you claim is the same as AMSOIL's.
Last edited by timvipond