Skip to main content

Reply to "I think I'm sticking with Redline"

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:

You run your oil for 35K in that new Mustang? Or do you do what most smart oil companies suggest when under a warranty. You know, follow the OLM or the OM recommendations.
The OLM and OM "recommendations" was designed for the lowest quality oil that barely meets the Ford specs. It doesn't apply to AMSOIL. Yes, if I had a new Mustang, used SSO and drove it 35,000 normal miles in a year or less and it would still keep the factory warranty intact. The 3500 Texas State Police drive much harder than that on a lesser oil for 20,000 severe miles. I go 5 times longer than Ford recommends on my 2008 Ford motorhome. 38 years, millions of oil changes, and no failures is good enough for me. And then it is warranted if it does fail. Would you do that with Red Line?

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:Again, I don't need to produce a warranty, I'm not shilling RL. I think its a better oil, and so do a lot of other people.
You don't need to produce a warranty, or can't? Why do you "think" it is a better oil? Longer warranty? API certified? Published name brand comparison tests? More than 38 years without failure? The curious want to know.

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:Also remember the topic here is "I'm sticking with RL"..

AD
Then why did others bring up false information about AMSOIL?