Skip to main content

Reply to "I think I'm sticking with Redline"

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
Lets see Tim you said this:

The OLM and OM "recommendations" was designed for the lowest quality oil that barely meets the Ford specs. It doesn't apply to AMSOIL. Yes, if I had a new Mustang, used SSO and drove it 35,000 normal miles in a year or less and it would still keep the factory warranty intact.

----------------------------------------

So Ford would cover engine an problem (2010) if they spec'd a 20 grade oil, 6 month or 7500 mile OCI, under these conditions. You ran SSO 0W30 for 35,000 "normal" miles, or 1 year w/o a change? Lets say you developed a nice bearing knock. Ford will eat it? Dream on............ I hope you don't tell your customers that Tim. No no.
If the bearing knock was the result of a failed part caused by a manufacturing defect, then Ford would eat it. If it was due to the oil failing, then AMSOIL would eat it if AMSOIL recommended SSO for 35,000 miles/1 year for that particular engine. How about Red Line?

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:Wait make sure you tell the service writer they were "normal" miles, when you tell him about the knock. Oh wait Amsoil will eat it.
It doesn't matter how many or what type of miles you have if the oil did not fail and the failure was a manufacturing defect.