Skip to main content

Reply to "I think I'm sticking with Redline"

quote:
Originally posted by Trajan:
I'm not taking sides, just showing what I've found.

To quote a man who has been closely involved with car makers and oil for decades.."use a lubricant of the correct viscosity that is specified by the Manufacturer and Listed by them as Approved – especially when under any form of Warranty"
Of course, out of warranty, use what you will and be happy. But you won't go wrong doing the above.

ps, better RL or Amsoil than swill...synlube any day.

BTW, Exceeding the OLM is a warranty violation regardless of what oil you use.

Trajan,I do recall several posts ago when I mentioned sludge and lawsuits.......you blamed the manufacturer for several reasons including incorrect service advice.

Now,you say to follow the MFG.......THE SAME ONE YOU BLAMED,BECAUSE YOU STATED THE MFG WAS GIVING BAD INFO.

So which is it now,follow the MFG,or not.

Or,only follow the MFG according to you,when it's convenient for your argument,as usual.

I never follow the MFG'S ADVICE,90% of the time.

REASONS WHY I DON'T FOLLOW THE MFG.

They say,don't change the brake fluid,wrong,I do,every two years or less.

They say,ATF IS FILL FOR LIFE,WRONG,I change/flush it,every 15-30k,and use synthetic.

They say,power steering is lifetime,wrong,I flush it.

They say,gear oil is lifetime,wrong,I change it.

I almost never listen,and I never have the problems most people have.

I have never replaced and engine,or done engine any engine work,or replaced a power steering system,power steering rack,brake calibers are original most of the time. Never overhauled a transmission(last/used/ buick traded at 177k,tranny seemed iffy,may have been the filter,my fault maybe).

They say use 5w-20 dino oil,wrong I use 5w-50 synthetic. Never any issues.

I never even go to the shop for any repairs.

I will continue using my swill lube too,as you like to call it.....you mentioned it AGAIN. IT AIN'T GOING AWAY MY FRIEND. HERE TO STAY!!!!

I don't care what anybody says, because........THE CROWD IS ALMOST ALWAYS WRONG,HISTORY PROVES THAT ONE!!