Skip to main content

Reply to "I think I'm sticking with Redline"

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
You worked for Shell oil, did you ever work for a dealership, a NY dealership? Cars sit in lots for a very long time waiting when there is a problem and the suggested maint interval was not followed. EG 0W30 in a 5W20 application, oil that was supposed to be changed every 6 months or 7,500 miles being in the sump for 1 year or 12,000 miles. Ask any service writer what happens in these cases if the engine fails because of the wrong oil. I say follow the mfg suggestions, follow the intervals they suggestm not what Amsoil suggests, then you reduce the risks.
I suppose a crooked dealership might try to get an uninformed consumer to pay for or delay repairs it the oil did not fail. That is why I inform consumers of their rights. Did you ever work with AMSOIL on a claim? They take care of it promptly. Ask any service writer what happens in these cases if the engine fails with AMSOIL in the engine. No problems, ever, in millions of cars, millions of oil changes. It may be different with other oils, especially if they fail. Again, one of the many reasons I use AMSOIL.

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:Amsoil is in business to sell their products, the are not the company that made the vehicle, nor did they set the specs or write the OM. Why can't you understand that? I don't believe the Amsoil BS, sorry.
Please show where there has been a problem with a warranty claim with AMSOIL.

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:How about those bad filters?
You mean the ones that hold more and smaller particles, flow better, last longer and have the only 25,000 mile/1 year warranty in the business? What about them? AMSOIL is concerned that on very rare ocassions with a few filters in a few vehicles the oil light has come on before 25,000 miles. They are investigating the cause and warranty any problems. They are giving away free oil and filters to those who are concerned. They stepped up to the plate and are taking care of their customers. No problem.

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:Why do I like Red Line? Because IMO it is a better oil, and I feel more comfortable dealing with them than Amsoil. Pretty simple. You can copy and paste until you're blue in the face, I WON'T USE AMSOIL ANYMORE! Nada, no way, no cigar!
That's fine. Use what you like. I do. Why do you feel it is a better oil? None of their oils are API certified. They don't seem to have a written warranty. It doesn't perform as well as AMSOIL in undisputed standard ASTM tests by independent laboratories, they don't dispute the data, and don't publish their own comparison testing. They don't warranty their engine oil for up to 35,000 miles/1 year. AMSOIL has never failed, and if it does, they pay for parts and labor. Red Line costs more per warranted mile than AMSOIL. It seems to be less available. Just curious.
Last edited by timvipond