Skip to main content

Reply to "I think I'm sticking with Redline"

You keep on believing Tim. I don't work for Amsoil, but for $35 I could. I don't believe in the product, and won't sell it.

If a car dealer feels the oil was at fault why would that make them crooked? They have a right to refuse repairs if you don't follow their recommendations. Their warranty is a contract, between you and them, you follow the warranty rules they fix your car. They tell you change the oil in 6 months or 7500 miles, use the grade they suggest then fine! Do you tell your customers that? You use something not spec'd for twice the suggested interval some dude paid $35 for the right to sell, you are on your own.

Amsoil warranty claims are not for the public to know about Tim, not even you, a dealer. So why ask me about claims? How would I or anyone else know about claims. You know what Amsoil wants you to know, and nothing more. Your cutting and pasting said they do a lot of investigating before paying out on a claim. They look to Cover their Arse.

Yes their filters are showing problems on Toyota's and now Honda applications, probably others too. Amsoil is giving a free filter and a free qt of oil to people with issues. One guy got a Wix filter, LOL. I read the thread on Bitog mentioning the problems with the filters. Wow! talk about CS a free filter if their filter clogs and an oil light comes on. What about damage? When an oil light comes on there is a problem, and probably some damage or excelerated wear. Tough to prove for the poor sap that had faith in that 25,000 mile filter that Amsoil sold him. I guess Amsoil feels if there is no knock, and no way for someone to prove there was damage they are off the hook, Nice!

Maybe they should test before they make the claims, not on the fly, on a car owners expense. That would be nice wouldn't it?

A few friends had dealings with Gary Allen, from what they told me he is a straight shooter and tells it like it is. Honest, no BS, in fact I've read threads where he has suggested based on peoples needs, oils and filters other than Amsoil. Hats off to that guy, if I ever considered Amsoil again he'd be the guy I'd buy it from. Reading your threads there is only one oil, Amsoil. No thanks!

AD