Skip to main content

Reply to "I think I'm sticking with Redline"

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
If a car dealer feels the oil was at fault why would that make them crooked?
They have to do more than "feel" the oil is at fault, they have to prove it.
quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1: They have a right to refuse repairs if you don't follow their recommendations. Their warranty is a contract, between you and them, you follow the warranty rules they fix your car.
The warranty is not between the car dealer and the customer, it is between the car manufacturer and the customer.
quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1: They tell you change the oil in 6 months or 7500 miles, use the grade they suggest then fine! Do you tell your customers that? You use something not spec'd for twice the suggested interval some dude paid $35 for the right to sell, you are on your own.
It is not fine if the oil fails. Just ask the customers who changed their vehicle manufacturers "recommended" oils at the "recommended" time, whose engines were sludged up and charged for repairs. Then it falls back to the oil company and the courts. I tell my customers they can follow AMSOIL's recommendations for oil changes and they will not void their warranty, and AMSOIL is warranted in and out of warranty. No problems in 38 years.

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:Amsoil warranty claims are not for the public to know about Tim, not even you, a dealer. So why ask me about claims? How would I or anyone else know about claims. You know what Amsoil wants you to know, and nothing more. Your cutting and pasting said they do a lot of investigating before paying out on a claim. They look to Cover their Arse.
If there were problems with AMSOIL and claims, customers would complain to consumer agencies and on the internet. Yet I don't see any.

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:Yes their filters are showing problems on Toyota's and now Honda applications, probably others too. Amsoil is giving a free filter and a free qt of oil to people with issues. One guy got a Wix filter, LOL. I read the thread on Bitog mentioning the problems with the filters. Wow! talk about CS a free filter if their filter clogs and an oil light comes on. What about damage? When an oil light comes on there is a problem, and probably some damage or excelerated wear. Tough to prove for the poor sap that had faith in that 25,000 mile filter that Amsoil sold him. I guess Amsoil feels if there is no knock, and no way for someone to prove there was damage they are off the hook, Nice!
If there is damage, then AMSOIL pays. Oil analysis and parts failure by experts can easily determine this.

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:Maybe they should test before they make the claims, not on the fly, on a car owners expense. That would be nice wouldn't it?
Donaldson, AMSOIL and SouthWest Research institute all did testing on these filters before they made claims.

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:A few friends had dealings with Gary Allen, from what they told me he is a straight shooter and tells it like it is. Honest, no BS, in fact I've read threads where he has suggested based on peoples needs, oils and filters other than Amsoil. Hats off to that guy, if I ever considered Amsoil again he'd be the guy I'd buy it from. Reading your threads there is only one oil, Amsoil. No thanks!
Gary does a great job. My customers will tell you the same about me. If you read my threads, you will learn that I have no problems with other oils as long as you follow what the vehicle manufacturer and the oil company recommends. And be sure to read their warranty. AMSOIL is really the only oil available that formulated for, tested for, and has the best warranty for extended oil change intervals with no oil related failures nor voided warranty coverage for 38 years.