Skip to main content

Reply to "I think I'm sticking with Redline"

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:
quote:
AMSOIL is really the only oil available that formulated for, tested for, and has the best warranty for extended oil change intervals with no oil related failures nor voided warranty coverage for 38 years.

Says you! Why not read about the Honda filters they screwed up, or SSO giving up the TBN long before it should have according to Amsoil specs. Its out there "search" is your friend.
Show otherwise. I think AMSOIL did a commendable job on the filters. When they found out that in rare cases, a few filters caused a few cars oil light to come on, they started their investigation. They contacted their customers. They offered refunds or replacement oil and filters. They cover any damage caused by the oil and the filters. What more do you want?

Please post where SSO gave up the TBN when used as recommended. I've never seen any. I have seen low TBN when customers did not follow AMSOIL's recommended change intervals, exceeding a year, severe service, first time use, over 100,000 miles on the engine, modified engines, engine problems unrelated to the oil, etc.

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:Keep in mind Tim no Company will disclose their problems to a dealer who paid $35 for the right to sell some product. Their warranty woes are kept to upper level management, not the worker ants. I learned a long time ago, not to believe everything I see or hear, especially from a salesman. Same goes here.
Not only does AMSOIL say they haven't voided a warranty, no one else has said otherwise. Please prove otherwise.

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1: If you get a minute visit the other site, some good talk going on about the Honda filters plugging up, and a free Wix filter and a qt of oil to make it right! Awesome reading.

AD

What other site? Please post a link about Honda filters plugging up.