Skip to main content

Reply to "I think I'm sticking with Redline"

quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear:

Tim, I found a few posts from Bitog where you are saying that extended oil drains are really for a small percentage of people,
They are if using Mobil 1 EP, since you have to be out of warranty and only normal service.
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear: if you are doubting that Mobil 1 or Redline can go 15,000 miles, then the same goes for Amsoil.
Not really. Mobil 1 nor Redline are formulated or warranted for extended oil changes. Mobil 1 EP is if you carefully follow their recommendations. AMSOIL has formulated and warranted extended oil changes in or out of vehicle warranty for 38 years. Quite a bit of difference.
quote:
Originally posted by Big Bear: Amsoil motor oil's may keep an engine clean but from my observations I have not seen them have the ability to clean up any junk that is already in the engine.
I have seen AMSOIL clean up the junk in my 1997 Chevy Venture minivan after it was sludged up with I think Pennzoil and coolant from the infamous intake manifold leak. It also cleaned up the sight glass on my 2000 BMW LT that had previously used BMW and Mobil 1 motorcycle synthetic and was so varnished up I could no longer read the oil level.