Skip to main content

Reply to "I think I'm sticking with Redline"

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:

The warming up process takes about 20 minutes during winter Tim. Sometimes a few times a day, for many drivers, that is when the most wear occurs. That thicker when cold oil is not as good as you think it is. You should know that though.
Again, why do you think the 40C (104F) viscosity number is so important? It is only 1 viscosity at 1 temperature. You must have hot winters. The oil would only be at 40C for about 15 seconds during warm up. Too thick is not good, too thin is not either. Do you have any proof that the other oils 40C viscosity offers better protection as you infer?

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:There's a million mile Ford Tim, running cheap dino when the guy got around to changing it. Some pretty long OCI's too.
Please post.
quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1: Mobil 1 has done tests with teearing engines down.
Please post all the ones comparable to the ones AMSOIL has done.
quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1: All you are showing us is more of Amsoils sales literature. Its getting old.
You stated that you wanted to see AMSOIL's tear down tests and that's what I provided. Now you complain?

quote:
Originally posted by ADFD1:Stop and go soccer mom driving is what tires out an engine. Start it up and run it without shutting it down it will last forever. I'm still not impressed.
Reference please. You really think soccer mom driving is harder on oil and engine than a garbage truck that spends most of it's time at redline?