Skip to main content

Reply to "I think I'm sticking with Redline"

Tim, all of us here are customers to whatever oil brand we buy, we are going to chose oil's that we like, and we do not have to provide any data to support why we are using a particular oil. I go by other people like myself who will offer me there observations on various oil's. I am not looking for a sales pitch and I could care less if Amsoil had some test that showed its product did better than the oil I am using.

I personally agree with AD about looking at the 40 Degree Celcius Number, I remember using 10W-30 in my engine since this is what it was speced for, so I tried a 5W-30 motor oil and the car seemed to run better, my observations are telling me that the thinner oil is getting to the moving parts quicker.

I have another car that is speced for 5W-20 and I will be following AD's advice and give the Castrol Edge 0W-20 a try during the winter time, I keep a log of my gas mileage so I will see how it does compared to the Amsoil 0W-20 that I used last winter.

Do I always agree with AD, NO, we both like different transmission fluids and I feel the trans fluid I use gives me the best shifting, I do not need some test from Amsoil to give me a reaon to use it, I use it based on my observations.

I have never asked AD for any proof about the products he has recommended too me, I trust his observations, and everything he has recommended has worked well for me, he is also not getting paid in anyway for the products that he has told me about.

Everything you tell us in this thread I have to question, because you are a Salesman for Amsoil whereas the rest of us are paying customers and car guys with no hidden AGENDA.